Foraging & Hedgerow Basketry Weekend
Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October 2023
9.30am – 4.30pm both days
Dartington Estate, near Totnes, South Devon
Led by Myrtle Cooper, Wild & Curious Foraging & Emma Capper, Creative Journeys in Nature
Have you evey wanted to weave a basket straight from the land, and learn how to forage for food and medicine?
Myrtle & Emma warmly invite you to join them for a weekend of foraging for wild food and materials to weave your own unique hedgerow gathering basket.
There’s an abundance of wild food, medicine and seasonal basketry materials awaiting our merry band of wildcrafters.
Our cosy outdoor venue nestled in the beautiful Dartington Estate is home for the weekend, with covered fireside spaces, and handmade wild refreshments provided.
We’ll spend part of the weekend out exploring, returning to the warmth of the hearth with everything needed to learn the traditional craft of basketry.
You will learn the following:
- Explore sensory ways to find and meet plants which can be used for basketry.
- Experience the vibrant and empowering traditional craft of hedgerow basketry, and weave your own frame gathering basket.
- Meet wild edible plants at home in hedgerows and woodlands, hear about the tales they have to tell and how our culture is tightly interwoven with the story of plants.
About the course:
- No basketry or foraging experience is required.
- This course suitable for those aged 18+, or 14+ with an accompanying adult.
- A reasonable degree of fitness and mobility is needed. We’ll cover some slightly uneven ground and walk up two miles at a gentle pace with frequent stops.
- Please bring your lunch on both days to supplement the wild refreshments.
£175- Includes plenty of handcrafted wild refreshments